The Five Kingdoms Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In this New World of Magna. Where will you survive?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
TATTOOS ARE INKINGS - 27/05/2011

A New Life

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
shadowmere

shadowmere

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: A New Life   A New Life EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:03 am

Amelia sat on her porch, rocking back and forth slowly in the chair. She looked down at her hands, the falcon pendant in her hands. It had been awhile, she refused to count the days since it happened. How she missed him, everytime she woke up. It took her awhile for her brain to register that he wasn't there and he never would be. Well, part of him was still with her. Her time of the month hadn't been coming and that instant, she knew it was a child. Not from the coward that defiled her but it was Jacques child. She slowly eased out of her chair and walked down the street. She wasn't that far along, but soon people would notice. She was making her way to the healer, the one from the castle. Even though she didn't want to but it was for a routine check up. She did her best to avoid the guards of the city, not wanting them to report back to Hazari of her activities.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:30 am

Edgar dozed in his rocking chair, his staff laid across his knee. For some unknown reason he'd been getting a lot of visits from Amelia. Not when he was at the castle however, when he was at home as he was now. He kept it secret from the king, although he didn't know why. For some reason he helped her. Despite having a distate for everyone and everything, seeing them all as idiotic and inferior to his age and wisdom.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:36 am

Amelia soon reached his house, she glanced around to make sure none of the guards were watching. Then she gently knocked on the door. "Edgar? It's me, Amelia." She said quietly but loud enough for him to hear. She again turned around to see if anyone was watching, waiting patiently for him to answer. The last thing she wanted was for that Hazari to find out she was pregnant.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:47 am

Edgar snapped awake, nearly falling forward out of his chair. "Who? Wha?" he said as he placed the staff on the floor. He leaned into it and pulled himself to his feet, walking with the staff as a walking stick. He walked over to the door, opening it, ushering her inside. He looked outside with his hawk like eyes before shutting the door quietly behind her. "I don't know why I do this." he muttered to himself as he ushered her to sit down. "God damn nu-sense." he grumbled under his breath.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:54 am

Amelia walked over, she was obviously nervous. She couldn't stop tapping her foot. "It all makes sense now, the mood swings, appetite..." She said, more to herself than him. She shifted in her chair slightly. "I'm pregnant." She said simply. "With Jacques child..."
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 4:57 am

Edgar rubbed his beard with his knuckles as he glared at her. "Stupid girl." he said gritted teeth. "Do you know what the king will do to you when he finds out!?" he shouted to her. "And how can you be sure the child is his and not the man who.." he trailed off slightly, the harshness still lacing his tone however. He leaned his staff over and tapped her on the head. "Stupid. Girl." he said as his eyes narrowed to her. "You're in danger as well as that." he said pointing the staff to her stomach.
"What do you expect me to do? Hm?"
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:02 am

Amelia stopped and glared at him. "Because my time of the month never came, and it was before I was raped." She snapped. Crossing her arms in front of her stomach, she continued to glare at him. "The king won't find out, as long as you keep quiet." She said, pointing at him. "I don't expect you to do anything, just when the time comes. Would you be willing to deliver the baby?" She asked, calming down. This wasn't a good time to get angry, not with what was at stake.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:04 am

Edgar snarled under his breath slightly. "And you didn't come to this revelation before hand!?" he snapped. "Stupid girl." he shook his head. "The only reason I haven't said anything is because I haven't been asked." he said honestly. "Until I am I will keep quiet but if I am asked that direct question from the king of Parasitus, I wont lie." he said his eyes turning into slits before back to normal once more.
"Why the hell should I?" he hissed to her. "I may be the only.. legitimate healer in this city. But that doesn't mean I'll bring that thing into the world."
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:10 am

Amelia scowled. "I didn't didn't come to this conclusion lightly, I denied it at first. Do you really think I want to bring a child into this world at this time?!?" She nearly shouted. "If the king found out, wouldn't he kill you to? You have been helping me this long, I'm sure he wouldn't be too happy." She said, again crossing her arms in front of her. "And it's not a thing, it is a baby. I want you to do it because any other healer would go run their mouth to the guards."
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:20 am

"Then don't bring a child into this world!" he snarled at her. "I can get rid of it." he said calmly. "He wont kill me. I'm an old man. I'm no threat to him." he said simply, his eyes narrowing. "But that baby will grow up. It'll want revenge for it's father's death." he said his eyes piercing into hers. He slammed the staff onto her head. "It's an it at this stage you stupid girl!" he hissed at her.
"Idiots everywhere.."
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:24 am

Amelia caught the staff and ripped it out of his hands. "I have had enough of you hitting me in the head! Now stop!" She snapped, throwing the staff out of reach. "Well I want a child, if I can't have Jacques then I will have his child." She stated firmly. "Your an old man? Does that trick work on everyone?" She asked, narrowing her eyes. "Now are you going to help or not?"
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:05 am

Edgar glared at her with utter outrage. He withdrew chopsticks from his pocket, twisting them in his fingers before placing each one in one of her nostrils. "You move a muscle and I impale your brain, girl!" he hissed at her. "You never touch my staff, do you understand me?" he said glaring into her eyes. "I may be an old man but that doesn't mean I can't look after myself. As you can see." he said with a smirk down to the chop sticks.
He with drew the chopsticks, wiping them on her clothes before spinning them away once more. He hobbled slightly over to his staff, picking it up and leaning onto it. He smirked once more before spinning it madly above his head and around his body. Demonstrating his ability with it. He then placed it back onto the floor, leaning into it once more.
"What's in it for me if I do help you, girl?"

(Btw, it's something like this that he was doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T543t8RBB_8 )
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:48 am

Amelia scowled and rubbed her nose. "I can pay you." She said, pulling out a bag of gold. "That is really all I have to offer." She said sadly. It was true, she didn't have anything else to offer. Jacques and her really had no prized possessions but each other. That was all they counted on anyways.

Last edited by shadowmere on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:52 am

Edgar looked across to her with a raised eyebrow. "You don't have any money. I happen to know that the king has seized your assets." he said with a smirk. "You have nothing to offer me kid." he said as he sat himself back down on his rocking chair. He used his staff to rock himself back and forth as he looked across to her. "You have nothing. Therefore nothing to offer me." he said coldly.
"And I'm not the king. I don't want 'your body' I'm an old man. It's the kids that think about sex all the god damn time!" he snarled as he rocked back and forth.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:12 am

Amelia crossed her arms in front of her. "Well fine, I will do this on my own." She said, then pulled the door open to walk out. "I'm not wouldn't have offered my body to you anyways...but thank you for your time." She paused to look at him for moment. Then shut the door quietly and slowly made her way back home. "I can do this myself, I'm probably just making it harder than it really seems." She said to herself.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:33 am

Edgar laughed at her. "Do it on your own? Pah!" he said through his bursts of laughter. "Good. Because I wouldn't take it, girl." he said as she left, his eyebrows came together as he shook his head. He wiped a hand over his face and then through his hair as he peered at the door. "Stupid girl.." he mutter under his breath before sighing slightly.

---

The guard pressed himself against the building opposite with a smirk as he watched her leave Edgar's house. His eyes followed her before signalling to a second guard on the opposite rooftop to continue to follow her. He himself darted across the rooftops as silently as he could back to the castle. As he reached the gates, they were instantly opened for him. He sprinted into the castle, darting down the corridors until he reached the throne room. He knocked on the door heavily, hearing Hazari command his entrance, he obeyed.
Hazari's eyes moved to the guard who dropped to one knee before him. "Speak." he said with a slight snarl. "Your majesty. She has been to see the castle healer." Hazari's eyes flashed, before a smirk played over his face. "The old fool." he whispered before raising to his feet and sweeping from the room, the guards followed.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:44 am

Amelia opened the door to her own house and slammed it shut once she was inside. She picked up a vase and throw it hard against a wall, the glass went everywhere. She sat down at the table and put her head in her hands. After a few mintues, she couldn't take it anymore. A sob escaped her lips and her shoulders shuddered as she started to cry. Now that she was pregnant, her emotions were extremely off. Anything seemed to set her off and it was hard to hide it. There was no one here to comfort her. She turned her head to the fire that was lit in the fireplace and stared at it. The way the flames moved seemed to soothe her and she moved closer to it.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 am

Hazari swept from the castle, heading straight for Edgar. His features seemed oddly calm as the guards marched behind him. As they reached Edgar's house, Hazari knocked on it lightly. Edgar shook his head lightly as he walked over to the door. As he pulled it open he expected to see Amelia, but instead met Hazari's gaze. "Your.. highness." he said as he bowed his head. "Edgar." Hazari said as he brushed past him, gesturing for the guards to wait outside as Edgar closed the door.
"It's been brought to my attention. That Amelia has been to see you this day." he said calmly. Edgar rubbed the back of his neck as he looked to the king. If Hazari even suspected someone of lying they were as good as dead, take Jacques for instance. Edgar hung his head, "She's pregnant sir." he said as Hazari rose an eyebrow. "And you didn't think I would like this information?" he questioned with a tilt of his head. Edgar thought on his feet. "I was checking if it was indeed true before informing your royal highness." he said his head still bowed.
"Good." Hazari stated as his eyes flashed slightly.

Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:02 am

Amelia continued to stare at the fire when she heard a knock at her door. "Who is it?" She called, rather annoyed. "It's me, Onai." The voice said. Amelia got up from the floor and walked to the door, opening it slightly. "Yes?" Onai smiled lightly. "I thought I would stop by and see how your holding up...may I come in?" She asked quietly. Amelia smiled lightly and opened the door to allow her in. "Thanks." She said, turning to Amelia to really look at her. "So, how are you holding up?" She asked, sitting down at the table. Amelia sat down as well and looked at her old friend. "I don't know, I really don't know...it's like my mind hasn't accepted his death. I mean I know he is but I keep thinking I will wake up with his arms around me." She said, her eyes seemed to have lost all emotion. Onai nodded, listening as she spoke. Once Amelia was done, Onai rubbed her arm softly. "Well, I'm always here if you need me. I live right down the street...I know that we haven't been talking lately, but that doesn't mean we aren't friends." She said, smiling lightly.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:06 am

Hazari slammed his head into the top of Edgar's spine, knocking him out cold. He then pulled the door open and stormed down the street, his eyes burning with anger. He knew that the child would one day grow up and come for it's revenge. He knew that he'd always have to look over his shoulder, but not if he killed the baby and it's mother before it was even brought into the world. A smirk played over his lips as a guard leapt from the rooftop, landing perfectly. "This way sir." he said as he lead the way to Amelia's house.
The sounds of armour and weapons clunking together could be heard down the street.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:13 am

Amelia chuckled lightly. "I know, I was just so busy that I...I'm sorry." She said and patted Onai's arm. "You are forgiven, for now." Onai teased gently before letting out a light laugh. Amelia laughed along with her. "Oh how I have missed you, old friend." Amelia said, again in a teasing manner. She knew what Onai was and was one of the few humans that accepted her as a lycan. Onai raised an eyebrow. "Hey, be nice." She said, in mock anger. Then her expression went serious. She lifted her head to the air and sniffed. "What is it?" Amelia asked, all at once protective and ready to fight. Onai quickly got up and growled lightly. "Soldiers, keep them busy. I am going to hide." She said in a hushed tone before disappearing within the house. Amelia nodded made sure her bow and dagger were close by.

Last edited by shadowmere on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:17 am

Hazari ordered the guards in first. A guard slammed his foot into the door, as they all poured in, pointing their various weapons at Amelia. Hazari walked in afterwards with a smirk over his features. "I hear, you're expecting, Amelia." he said in a silky tone. "I presume it is Jacques baby?" he asked with a raised eyebrow before laughing slightly. He opened his mouth to speak before wrinkling his nose up. "I wonder why it smells like wet dog in here.." he chuckled lightly. "A lycan?" he said tutting under his breath. "Naughty, naughty." he said with a smirk.
"Here doggy." he called out into the house.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:23 am

Amelia narrowed her eyes. "Who told you that? I am not expecting a child." She said, her hand gripped the dagger behind her back. "And there is no lycan, some dogs were running outside and their stench drifted in here." She said, her tone low and aggressive. "What the hell do you want anyway? You've taken everything from me." She snapped. Onai had hidden herself well from the guards, despite the slight odor that she left. Now, she waited for the opportunity to strike.
Back to top Go down
Adam

Adam

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:26 am

Hazari unsheathed his katana from his back, gesturing the guards to lower their weapons. He pointed the katana at Amelia. "Hands." he said simply. "Show me your hands." he smirked at her lightly. "You can trust no-one. I learned that and look where I am now." he said gesturing around. "I'm the king." he said as he sniffed the air once more, he'd had enough run ins with lycans to know the distinct scent of one. "If the lycan doesn't show itself, I'll be forced to cleave your head from your shoulders right here." he said as he kept the katana pointed directly at her. Any slight nudge and the tip of the blade would ram straight through he eye.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:33 am

Amelia slowly raised her hands from behind her back and held them out in front of her. Onai, unknown to anyone else but Amelia, had shifted into her Crinos form. Now it was impossible to tell who she was unless they killed her. A low rumbled rippled through the air. Amelia let a smirk play over her before all hell broke loose. Onai burst from her hiding spot, crashing into Hazari and knocking him out the window. She let out a roar as Amelia darted out the door, slitting a guards throat as she went. Onai whipped around and tackled two guards, her claws ripping out their throats as they fell to the ground. Her Crinos form was massive, standing at eleven feet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A New Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Life   A New Life Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Life
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next