The Five Kingdoms Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In this New World of Magna. Where will you survive?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
TATTOOS ARE INKINGS - 27/05/2011

Market district

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RubyBroadbelt of buckland

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Market district   Market district EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:00 am

Lilly had been walking the coble stone streets of the market district in Benedictus for some time now. Inhaling all the different scents, spices, leather, fire, as well as somethings she didn't quite want to put a name on. No matter she knew this scent very well and she smiled at the familiarity of it all. "I need to get ahold of something other then my steer" she thought to herself a moment. Looking around it was past noon and the streets were getting alittle more crowded. Weaving in and out of the crowds, she smiled and waved at familiar faces who in return waved or greeted her in their own fashion. She had forgotten many times that she was an elf, sure growing up they would stare and point but even today someone would point out that she was not human. of course she would just shrug that off she was welcomed among many of the merchants as well as other folk.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:05 am

Rynn took notice to the many people that crowded the street. "Another day in Benedictus." She muttered, then stroked the nose of a horse behind her. It was a young filly, pure white. One of the many horses that Rynn had to sell. It wasn't that she didn't want to keep them, just that there was only so much room on the farm and she needed money. If she was lucky, the filly would go for ten gold pieces. She clicked her tongue and lead her through the streets. Making sure that the young horse didn't spook.
Back to top Go down

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:34 am

Lilly sighed when John Billings motioned her over to him. It wasn't that she disliked the man but he had a habit of telling her the same stories over and over again, everytime they had a converstaion. She would always smile and listen to his stories anyways, they may have gotten old long ago for her but to him...he relived them. "hello john" smiling at him, John was a big rounded man in his late 50s. He had the biggest belly one ever saw it surely left an impression on her when she first came to this town. John grinned at her "what have you been up too?" "oh i'm on the hunt for something to pull my cart my steer is getting too old to handle it anymore." smiling to herself when she looked at everything John had, he was a baker and she absolutely loved the smell of freshly baked bread.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:40 am

Rynn continued on leading the filly throught the crowds, she was on her way to the stables. If she could ever get there, the crowd was getting thicker by the minute. The filly pranced a little bit, bobbing her head as she started to get a little anxious. Rynn stopped where she was and gently scratched her nose. "Easy, girl, easy." She said in a gentle tone. Little by little, the filly calmed down.
Back to top Go down

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:50 am

John nodded then gestured to the horse and the girl in the crowd "maybe she would know." Lilly turned her head her eyes scaning the crowd "hhmm perhaps a horse would work." she spoke more to herself then to John. Turning back towards him "i'll ask her, i'll see you later" she started to move back into the crowd. Before she got too far "Hey" john hollowered at her. Turning back around only to see a roll being tossed her way. catching the roll and smelling it she held it to her chest, smiling sweetly at him "thanks John" he only waved her off. Now back to the mission of getting through the hord.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:55 am

Rynn was about to move on when the filly jerked forward a little, someone had bumped into her on accident. The horse reared a little, letting out a slight whinny. Rynn moved fast as she lead the horse into an empty alley. Plenty of room for the horse so it wouldn't feel crowded. 'Easy, girl, easy.' She said again in a soothing voice. "It's alright."
Back to top Go down

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:19 am

She saw everything these crowds or the hords what she prefered to call them never ceased to amaze her of their ..ignorance. lucky for her she grew up here, sure she wa smaller and could weave in and out better but she could still do it pretty impressively. Walking into the lessly packed alley way "everything alright?" Studying the animal for alittle bit then her gaze went to the woman calming the horse. She could bet a pudding pack that she had seen her before having been raised here for 10 annos she probably did.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:25 am

Rynn's eyes snapped over to the woman that spoke, they narrowed a little but she remained polite. "Yes, everything is. She is young so she spooks easily." She said, still stroking the horse. The horse nickered lightly and pressed her head against Rynn's chest. Her eyes scanned the woman, especially over her pointed ears. 'Odd, elves haven't been seen in over 800 years.' She thought, then gave a smile. Her gaze then moved to her face.
Back to top Go down

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:51 am

Lilly noticed her looking at her ears it didn't bother her it never did. It was odd though that she didn't say anything about her being different. glad to see she didn't scorn her for being what she was she openly returned her smiled with her own. "i see, spirited girl. but then i know nothing of horses." she stated plainly and with a shrug of her shoulder. Steping alittle closer towards them.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:58 am

Rynn nodded her head in agreement. "A good and bad thing." She said, moving her hand to the horses neck, patting it lightly. "Sadly, I must sell this one. I can't keep them all." She said with a sigh. The horse nickered lightly, as if understanding the conversation, she placed her muzzle on Rynn's shoulder. Nibbling lightly on her hair.
Back to top Go down

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:16 am

Lilly nodded she was a beautiful mare she commented to herself as she looked at the horse. She couldn't help but perk up when the lady told her she was going to sell the creature. tilting her head in awe as the filly nibbled its owners hair. Her finger going to her hair to twirling it gently "would you mind if I have a look at her?"
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:28 am

Rynn shook her head. "Not at all." She said, moving over so the elf could inspect the mare. Who pawed the ground, patience was a thing she still had to learn. It would come in time and experience. "Watch where you walk, for she has a tendency not to." Rynn warned gently, stroking the horses cheek to keep her calm.
Back to top Go down

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:06 am

Lilly walked up to the mare with her hand held out to the horse for her to smell. "easy girl" she spoke as soothenly as she could to mare. Glancing all around the mare her hand swiped down her fur to feel the quality of it. With her hand on the horses shoulder she slowly ran her hand down the horses front leg going down to the hoof to inspect it as well. after having done that she set the foot down gently and patted the mares neck.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:23 am

Rynn held the mares lead. "Good girl." She said soothingly. Then she looked at Lilly. "What do you think?" She asked, moving a little closer. The filly turned her head over Rynn's shoulder to look at Lillly, letting out a light snort which blew air at her. "She seems to like you." Rynn said with a light laugh. "Be nice now." She said to the filly, patting her cheek.
Back to top Go down

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:12 pm

Lilly giggled as she pulled her hair out of her face and put it behind her ear. "no doubt she is a beautiful creature." she put her finger to her chin in concentration "what is her training if she has any?" she still scaned the mares body over taking her finger away from her chin to place it on the mares back.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:34 pm

Rynn smiled. "That she is." She nodded in agreement. "Her training is the basics, she responds real well the rider's hand. Her mouth is rather sensitive, so I have to be gentle." She said, looking at the mare. "Her temperment, as you can see, is a little wild. But with a firm and gentle hand, it will get better."
Back to top Go down

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:11 am

Lilly returned the lady's smiled with her own. She wasn't entirely sure this mare was for riding she needed something to pull. "Your horse i'm sure is wonderful under saddle" she said stepping back to look back at the human woman. "however i'm not sure if the horse, or you for that matter, would be acceptable to the work i'm asking of." Giving a small apologetic smile "you see i'm looking for an animal that can pull carts for long distances."
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:47 am

Rynn shrugged lightly. "I'm sure she could pull a cart, I tried it a few times and she seemed to handle it pretty good." She said, looking at the mare. She started bobbing her head, getting impatient with just standing around. "With her nature, I'm sure she would fit the job.' She said with a slight chuckle, referring to the horse's impatience.
Back to top Go down

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:36 am

Lilly chuckled at the horses actions. "I believe your right, but i still might have some doubts" She said looking back at the owner playing the part of the hard buyer. "I'll give you 6 gold for her?" Tilting her head and studying the woman for a moment to see if she'l bite.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:41 am

Rynn took in a breath. "Ten." She said, looking at Lilly. A light smile was on Rynn's face but she did her part as a seller. Bartering was all part of the trade, and she knew full well that there were some that you lost at. Most of the time, the buyer gave in. Rynn could tell that this woman was no push over so she played careful. Not wanting Lilly to lose interest.
Back to top Go down

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 8:58 am

Lilly thought it over a bit "a good animal it tis but for ten gold i could have bought two cows. Then you'd still be stuck with a horse to sell." Putting her wieght on one leg she looked over the woman "I would not go over 6 gold and 5 silver." Sure she didn't much care to give her less then what she asked but her father always told her never give them what the ask for.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:00 pm

Rynn gave a shrug. "Then this horse is not for you." She stated simply, and was about to walk away when she thought of something. "I do have more horses for sale, not here though. They are back at my home." She said, turning back to face her. "If your interested, I can take you there." She inquired.
Back to top Go down

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:19 am

Lilly placed a finger on her chin and almost automatically her finger twirled in her hair in thought. "alright I'll see what else you have." she flatened her skirst with her hands "How far away is your farm from here?" She probably wouldn't have agreed but she needed to get an animal so she could get on the road.
Back to top Go down
shadowmere

shadowmere

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:49 am

Rynn smiled, glad that she accepted. "Oh, not far, about an half hours walk." She said, patting the mare gently as she nickered. She was eager to move around and out of the alleyway and to run a little perhaps. "Do you want to go now or do you need to get some things?" Rynn asked., she was a patient woman. She had to be, dealing with horses wasn't exactly easy but once they were trained, they were like lap dogs, always wanting attention.
Back to top Go down

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:25 am

"A half hour?" she whispered to herself, thinking out loud. She nodded with a smile "no i have all I need." She had her coin bag, her stick, and a dagger on her belt and her wit,she was set. She just hoped they didn't go by Ariel's shop, a great woman with amazing talent. It wasn't that she didn't like the woman its just she always stayed there for hours waiting for her pudding....~ mmmhh pudding.~ she thought ~no! no pudding stay focused Lilly!~ She walked closer to Rynn "alright lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Market district Empty
PostSubject: Re: Market district   Market district Empty

Back to top Go down

Market district
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Five Kingdoms Roleplay :: Forum Roleplay :: Benedictus-
Jump to: